Product Packaging:Standard Packaging
Integrate fun and entertainment while enriching your child’s learning capabilities with the K’NEX Education Intro to Simple Machines: Wheels, Axles, and Inclined Planes Set!
This educational engineering toy consists of 221 colorful parts and pieces made of durable plastic. These pieces can be combined to build 7 fully functioning replicas of real-world machines one at a time. Let your students’ imaginations expand as they create their own inventions with this building set!
K’NEX Education Intro to Simple Machines is designed to introduce students to basic scientific concepts as they create two types of simple machines: wheels and axles and inclined planes. With this fun and inquiry-based approach to concepts, students in grade levels 3 to 5 can build, investigate, and evaluate scientific principles in action.
Not only does K’NEX Education stimulate kids’ brains, it also promotes social skills through teamwork and collaboration. This building set makes a great learning tool for students, as it can be built by two to three kids working as a team. Additionally, all K’NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today’s busy classroom. This set is recommended for students ages 8 and above.
From the Manufacturer
STEM EDUCATION AT ITS BEST! Bring the excitement of hands-on learning to your next simple machines unit. The K'NEX Education Introduction to Wheels & Axles and Inclined Planes set is designed to introduce students to the scientific concepts associated with two types of Simple Machines - wheels and axles, and inclined planes. Students build, investigate, and evaluate scientific principles in action. The Teacher's Guide provides the information and resources needed to build students' understanding of scientific concepts and channel their inquiries into active and meaningful learning experiences. Set includes 221 K'NEX parts – enough to build 7 fully-functioning replicas of real-world machines, one at a time. Supports 2 – 3 students working as a team. Grades 3 -5. Building instructions and comprehensive teacher's guide aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Standards included. Packaged in a strong storage tray with snap-on lid. STEM Education focuses on science, technology, engineering and mathematics concepts taught through problem-solving, discovery, exploratory learning and critical thinking. STEM Education requires students to be active participants in the learning. K'NEX models offer hands-on learning opportunities that encourage scientific inquiry, investigation and experimentation. Our inquiry-based lessons challenge students as they build, investigate, problem solve, discuss, and evaluate scientific and design principles in action. Aligned to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math standards. Also see K'NEX Education's Intro to Simple Machines: Levers and Pulleys and Intro to Simple Machines: Gears for grades 3-5 and Exploring Machines for middle school classrooms.
- 7 BUILDING IDEAS – The K’NEX Education Intro to Simple Machines: Wheels, Axles, and Inclined Planes Set consists of 221 colorful parts and pieces made of durable plastic. These pieces can be combined to build 7 fully functioning replicas of real-world machines one at a time. Let your kids’ imaginations expand as they create their own inventions with this building set!
- INTERACTIVE LEARNING – K’NEX Education allows kids to enjoy hands-on learning. This set is designed to introduce students to scientific concepts as they create two types of simple machines: wheels and axles and inclined planes. With this fun and inquiry-based approach, students in grades 3 to 5 can build, investigate, and evaluate scientific principles in action.
- BUILD AS A TEAM – Not only does K’NEX Education stimulate kids’ brains, it also promotes social skills through teamwork and collaboration. This set can be built by 2 to 3 students working as a team at once. Building instructions and a comprehensive Teacher’s Guide that is aligned to science, technology, engineering, and math standards are included. This set is recommended for students ages 8 and above.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE BIN – This building set comes with a handy, reusable bin for convenient transport and storage, so you can enjoy a quick and hassle-free clean up after playtime. This teaches builders to keep their playing areas tidy and organized.
- STEAMagination™ – It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
Engage, excite and motivate pupils to learn. Encourage scientific enquiry, investigation and experimentation through active participation.
Education Standards Alignment
Aligned to national Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths curriculum (STEM).
Replicas of Real World Machin
Help students to relate concepts to the world they live in.
Enquiry Based Curriculum
Challenges students to apply problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
Intro to Simple Machines - Wheels / Axles and Inclines Planes
Supports 2-3 Students Working Together
Ideal for Key Stages 2-3. Age 8+.
Perfect when teaching design and technology - students can explore how machines work
Many students accelerate their learning through hands on exploration and experimentation. The K'NEX introduction to Machines range allows students to explore diverse areas of the curriculum.
|12.5 x 2.2 x 12.2 inches|